Hair is a natural ornament which every man and woman possesses. Thick and healthy hair enhance the appearance of every individual. Hair salons and hair dressers play an important role in maintaining good hair. In order to make sure that your locks remain in good condition, the following tips must be kept in mind:
1. Take a protein rich diet – Locks are made up of protein. In order to ensure that they are in good health, it is necessary to take a protein rich diet. Proteins are the main constituents of dairy products and meat products. So milk, eggs, chicken must be made the staple constituents of your diet. This will help in adding strength and volume to your locks.
2. Wash your head – Unlike the rest of our body which is protected by clothes, hair are constantly exposed to heat and dust. This makes them prone to accumulation of sweat and dust particles. If head is not washed regularly, it could lead to premature hair graying. It could also lead to loss of hair quality. So hair must be washed at-least thrice a week. In case of extremely hot weather, they can be washed on a daily basis. A good shampoo or hair soap should be used for this purpose.
3. Oil your hair – Oiling the head locks at-least once a week is essential for ensuring their well-being. In case of dry hair, this procedure is extremely important. If the scalp becomes dry, it could lead to dandruff. Head scalp full of dandruff appears extremely untidy. Oiling becomes extremely important for the hair, especially during the dry winter season. Oiling also offers nutrients to the hair.
4. Avoid hair colors and dyes – Everyone experiences hair graying with age. But it is better to avoid hair colors and dyes, till it is possible. They could lead to various harmful consequences like hair breakage, skin discoloration, skin irritation and allergy. All these things occur due to the presence of harmful chemicals in hair colors and dyes. Excessive hair coloring could lead to dry and thin hair, which can easily break. Some medical experts have linked the usage of hair colors with cancer. So reliance on dyes should be avoided.
5. Drink sufficient water – Lack of water leads to dehydration in our body. It could lead to deterioration of the health of cells and stall their reproduction. If the health of cells which help in hair growth is affected then head locks will become extremely weak. The roots of the hair also require healthy supply of water for proper growth. So proper intake of water is necessary.